Upstate Exposures Magazine is now staffing our advertising department. We have openings for several full-time and part-time advertising representatives. There is no limit to the earning potential.
SUMMARY: Responsible for prospecting and securing ad sales for Upstate Exposures magazine and website. Pitches benefits of advertising to client, negotiates prices, and explains client needs to editor and graphic designer.
- Sell ads for Upstate Exposures Magazine digital issue and website.
- Perform cold calling to get the attention of possible clients.
- Visit businesses to inquire about advertising sales.
- Secure advertising contracts with clients.
- Present different options to client, including ad sizes, and length of contract.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Convey ad changes and discrepancies to editor and graphic designer.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Make sales presentations.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Report directly to the editor
You will not be responsible for managing accounts receivable, sending invoices, or making collections. As an independent contractor you will work on a strictly commissioned basis to be paid bi-weekly on all paid accounts. Your commission will be based on your experience managing corporate accounts. This is a remote position. All candidates must live in the Upstate of South Carolina.
If you are a natural at selling and would like an opportunity with a new publication, please send your resume to Heather Kitchen: firstname.lastname@example.org