I know you have seen the trend of foiled…well everything recently and I want to share with you how to create foiled projects all on your own! With the wedding season upon us, I’ve made a FREEBIE template for you to use with this DIY project. Even better than free is that these foiled placecards can be used for almost anything, as you will see. So let’s hop to it y’all.
“CREATE” IS BROUGHT TO YOU IN PARTY BY
Card stock paper – any color that fits your project
Deco foil by thermoweb or Minc foil by Heidi Swapp
Laser (Toner ink) printer, copier or printing service who offers toner ink printing
Laminator (YES YALL!!) or the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator
Alright y’all, let’s create!
- Print off the FREE template included in this article with toner ink from a laser printer, copier or printing service using your card stock paper.
- Once printed, cut your foil sheets to the fit your project. No toner ink should be exposed.
- Using a laminator, place a piece of paper or extra card stock paper over your project. Careful not to slide it around to avoid shifting the foil pieces.
3a. If you’re using the Heidi Swapp Minc Foil Applicator, place your paper and foil inside the plastic cover sheet.
*a cover sheet of some type should be used to avoid shifting the foil.
- Remove the cover sheet revealing the foils adhered to your card stock paper.
- Gently peel the foil from the card stock and watch in amazement as the only thing remaining is the adhered foil to your printed design.
- Cut the place cards into their separate cards.
- Grab a pen and write anything desired. Pen pictured is the Tombow USA fudenosuke calligraphy pen.
- Set placecards in their desired locations and admire you beautiful completed project!
My favorite thing about foiling is can be used a number of different ways for many projects. Prints, invitations, greeting cards, place cards, menu cards, event messages and so much more.
If you try this project at home, post it to social media and add hash tag #adornedfoxdiy and tag @upstateexposuresmagazine and @theadornedfox.
See y’all next time!
Tabathia Smith | The Adorned Fox
I've lived here my whole life and have such a love for this amazing place we get to call home. I look forward to lots of fun creating projects with you and encourage you to submit ideas and comments on things you'd like to see or know how to create!