The People, Places, Events, History, Businesses, and Music of Upstate SC

Charlie Mason Entertainment Celebrates Its First Year

I come from a creative family. Everyone in my family from my mother to my cousin are incredibly talented and creative people, so the artistic vibe is strong with me. Strong enough that all through high school I had already decided that I would major in music and make my life path with a career in music. Turns out, life had different plans and I found myself  building a career around photography. It’s not surprising, though, because photography is an incredible outlet for the creative mind that thrives on creating.

I learned so much that no one had ever told me by running my photography company for many years. For example, no one told me that my passion for creating photographic images would only be used about 15% of the time in business. Running the business took up the other 85%. I wasn’t a photographer who ran her own business; I was a business owner who created photos. I had to hustle, market, advertise, and put whatever energy I had left into exceeding my clients’ expectations.

Another harsh reality set it in when I realized that being a fantastic photographer who created images that people loved didn’t automatically translate into sales and income. I’ll bet the musicians I deal with can totally relate. I started running into incredibly talented musicians through the NORTHWEST CORNER podcast. The music they create is amazing! And yet each one of them told me how incredibly difficult it is for them to get their music heard, which should be leading them to musical success.

This isn’t a new problem. We’ve all heard of starving artists. And we all know that getting a record deal with a major music label is less likely than getting struck by lightning. And yet, there are talented people who keep going, keep creating, and keep pushing to become as successful as they can. And, let’s be honest, very few people will help them along the way.

I just couldn’t watch that talent go unnoticed. I couldn’t watch talented people put all their effort, time, and money into something that deserved to be heard, but never would be.  And I knew I could do something about it.

The NORTHWEST CORNER podcast is about to celebrate its 100th episode! In these first 100 episodes, the show has evolved into a showcase for independent and small label musicians. CHARLIE MASON RADIO was created out of a need that we heard repeated to us – musicians couldn’t get on the radio. Since both these showcases have increased in their audience numbers, we’ve gotten the feedback we had hoped – the musicians’ audiences have increased. They’ve seen an uptick in their downloads and streaming numbers!

We are so happy to celebrate  Charlie Mason Entertainment’s first year with all of you!  Thank you for helping us begin this journey!

Heather


If you would like to help support independent and small label musicians, please go to Patreon.com/CharlieMasonRadio and become an official Patreon supporter.

CHARLIE MASON RADIO

NORTHWEST CORNER PODCAST

Heather Kitchen, Editor-In-Chief

Heather is the editor-in-chief of Upstate Exposures Magazine. She is also the owner of Heather Kitchen Images professional photography based in Inman, South Carolina.

Summary
Charlie Mason Entertainment Celebrites Its First Year
Article Name
Charlie Mason Entertainment Celebrites Its First Year
Description
We are so happy to celebrate  Charlie Mason Entertainment's first year with all of you!  Thank you for helping us begin this journey!
Publisher Name
UPSTATE EXPOSURES MAGAZINE
Publisher Logo

Heather

Heather is the owner of Charlie Mason Entertainment in Upstate South Carolina. Entities include Upstate Exposures Magazine, Charlie Mason Radio, and the Northwest Corner Podcast.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

×
×

Cart

%d bloggers like this: